Earlier we have discussed simple trick to Shut down computer instantly. There are simple settings in Windows XP, Windows 7 computers called StartupDelay which is set up to higher value by default. This causes some delay while making startup process on your computer. But you can assign lower values to make windows startup process faster.
You can follow simple steps given below to make your windows XP, Windows 7 computer startup process faster: -
- You will see a key named StartupDelay in right hand side panel. Double click on this key.
- A new pop up settings window will open. By default, Here Value data is assigned some higher value which makes windows startup process slower. Change value data to some lower value like 30000.
- Now press OK.
Your computer initiates some processes automatically while starting windows. These programs takes some time to start and can make windows start up process slower. You can disable these extra programs which will not start automatically on windows startup.
Just follow these simple steps to disable extra programs: -
- Go to Start >> Run
- Type msconfig in it and press Enter.
- A System Configuration settings windows will open. Go to General Tab and select Selective startup, Load System Services and Load startup items.
- Now go to Startup tab. Deselect some applications or programs which you don’t want to start automatically on windows startup.
- Finally press Apply and OK.
- Reboot your computers. Now It will start in approximately 10 seconds.